8. Atrial Fibrillation
- Define the term atrial fibrillation.
- Be aware of the psychological impact of living with a long term condition such as atrial fibrillation (including the screening tools available).
- Understand the classification and causes of atrial fibrillation.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation.
- Describe the treatment of atrial fibrillation to ensure an optimal quality of life.
- Be aware of the stroke risk associated with atrial fibrillation and how that risk can be reduced.
Before you start
It is recommended that you carry out the browser health check below to check your computer has the appropriate software and settings required to use this website.
Last updated: 24/07/2014